I can now proudly announce I've binge free for an entire week. I know I've said it before but not for a long time and I'm getting back into the zone.
I'm home today and tomorrow, gross skin infection, on antibiotics, doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon then see how I'm going. I'm doing my absolute best not to let it get me down and start turning to food for comfort or distraction from what is going on. I have however removed myself from close proximity to food and come upstairs to my bedroom where I have a desk set up. No need to go downstairs for a while, I have a water bottle next to me, the bathroom is up here and I've just had a delicious salad for lunch (brown rice, red cabbage, cucumber, a boiled egg, red capsicum, tuna, red cider vinegar and a little oil, great combo by the way)
I've read many blogs of people who have successfully reached their goal (whatever that may be) and everyone has their fail safes, their things that helped them no ened along the way. Upon reflected things that really work for me, that help me deal with issues that I love snacking, I hate cooking dinner for one.
My fail safes...
- cooked brown rice in a container in the fridge. 1/2 cup is only 2 points, I actually love it on it's own, is tasty and nutty and chewy and yes it's carbs but it's a better carb than many. It's fantastic in a salad for a really quick dinner.
- Always have a bag of carrots in the crisper. they are sweet and crunchy and just delicious
- A few boiled eggs in the fridge - perfect snack, 2 points, full of protein, great in sandwiches, makes a tuna salad feel a bit more substantial
- Sunflower and pumpkin seeds - toasted in yoghurt beefs up the yoghurt for a deserty feel.
- Coke zero cans always in the fridge - I know many people reading this wont agree, it's full of chemicals, sweetener is bad on many levels but when things are working for me coke zero features in most of my days
- Bottles of water in the fridge - somehow it's easier to drink a bottle of water from a glass over dinner than it is to keep going with the bottle I use at work all day so it boosts my otherwise lagging water intake.
These are my real savers at the moment, in winter it's lots of cups of tea and vegetable soup but Summer is around the corner here and I'm going to be lighter still when it gets here.